Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Clarification

Due to a few comments I have heard concerning my blog posts, I would like to offer a brief clarification. I DO support charter school movement. I believe that it is an extremely beneficial and purposeful attempt at solving our education crisis. My only issue with charter schools is that they do not benefit all children, only those who have parents willing to step in and take ownership for their child's education. In my opinion, it is unfair to leave out kids whose parents perhaps either don't know how to navigate the system, work too much, or just simply do not care. I know that charter schools do not purposely do this, but the fact of the matter is, that's the reality. As a result, it is my goal to help address the needs of those who aren't lucky enough to make it through the charter school selection lottery or who have parents who otherwise do not value charter schools or simply do not get it.

More power to charter schools that are creating a solution. However, I believe it's my job to ensure that those who aren't fortunate enough to gain access to charter school education aren't left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment